Sunday, August 17, 2008

Home at last

3 weeks away seemed like forever and yet it seemed to not be long enough. Not enough time to spend doing the things we wanted to do at least. Michigan was nice since we had no set obligations while we were there. We spent a day at the beach while we were there. Granted it was a beach on Lake Superior, but it was a beach that didn't smell like dead fish, have a strong gusting wind, or huge waves with lurking predators to wonder about. lol

Visiting at my parents was a different story. Mostly enjoyable, but crazy busy. The first 5 days of our trip there were spent dealing with the wedding. And I don't think I really got to sit down and chat with the bride and groom at all during that time. Once the wedding was over they had to go home because they had to be back at work on Monday morning.

The last 4 days with my parents were not as busy, but not as relaxing as the visit to Michigan. I will have pictures and details to share later when I have the baby sleeping and kiddos at school.

Being home is nice but I have to prep the kids to go back to school on Wed of this week. We have no school supplies bought yet. It didn't make sense to buy them and mail them home. I need to do that tomarrow before the jumpstart meeting at the Middle School for my oldest. Plus school uniform shopping. Fun stuff.

No comments: