Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The first day

Got my exercise in! Nice day to do it too. It is foggy here this morning and maybe 50 out. Got 3+ miles in through military housing so I got uphill and downhill slopes as well!! I measured out the course a while ago, but once I passed 3 miles on my odometer, I quit paying atten. I know, terrible, but I only had about 1/2 a block to get back to my house so I didn't worry about measuring it.

And for my breakfast today I was mostly good. Had 2 hardboiled eggs, 2 oz of banana bread and a cup of green tea with echenacia and sweetened with splenda. I also drank about 8 oz of Crystal lite Peach tea. I think I must live on that stuff. I go through 5 canisters (6 2 qt mixes in each) every month.

I am off to find a snack and start prepping lunch so that when I am hungry I don't grab something "easy" instead of something healthy.

Snack will probably end up being 1/4 cup of my special mix of nuts. Really easy to make and satisfing crunch as well as a taste of salt and sweet.

Trail mix:
1 lb of raw almonds
1 lb of roasted salted sunflower seeds
1 lb of salted cashews
1 jar of unsalted dry roasted planters peanuts
1 box of white raisins

I buy a brand called Annes house of Nuts that my grocery store carries in the produce department of my store for the cashews, almonds and sunflower seeds. Another item that would go really well in this mix is pumpkin seeds. I am not sure where to find them though. I haven't seen them in larger quantities than 4 oz.

As far as the salted/Unsalted. DO NOT BUY EVERYTHING SALTED. Having just 1 or 2 of them salted will be enough for the whole mix to have a satisfying saltiness.

If you like your trail mix seasoned, tomarrow I will post a seasoned mix.

No comments: