Thursday, February 14, 2008

Dinner with nothing in the house

I get so frustrated dieting because it seems like as soon as I get started, I have no food in the house. Went to have a salad for dinner and discovered that Dan had taken the last serving with him for work. So I ended up boiling a potatoe and eating it with butter and a little yogurt. Made the girls some french fries and corn dogs and the baby ate left over pasta.

And then this morning I got up and cringed at the idea of another pair of hardboiled eggs for breakfast. I ate one of the 2 and a slice of banana bread. Made myself a cup of tea, but it is still sitting on the counter. It has been a busy morning already. I walked the kids to school, went to Walmart, wrapped 3 valentine gifts, took the baby for his 1 year checkup, took him for blood tests and got lettuce at the commissary. And that egg was barely hanging on when I walked in the door. I was actually able to buy ONLY 2 heads of lettuce and a gallon of milk at the store though.

Baby was HUNGRY when we got home so I plopped him into his booster and gave him a slice of banana bread and some leftover fried rice for his lunch. He chowed down on that rice, I reheated some lumpia I found in the back of the fridge, and had that as my lunch. Not as good reheated, but healthier than eating the pasta that is in the fridge staring at me!

Now that my belly is full, though, I can go to Katies class party and not worry about wanting to eat all the sweets on the table!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Mmmm.. lumpia! Want some too! :D