Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A challenge to myself.

I am admitting it out loud here and now. I have gotten fat and lazy. And it is time to do something about it. I know that having 3 kids and a household to run is not an excuse to neglect my diet and exercise regiment. And so tonite I stepped on the scale with the intention to start keeping track of my diet and exercise here on my blog. I wanted my starting weight, I really don't wanna post it, but I am gonna. With it posted, I can look back and say to myself, I have come this far, and only have this far to go to get to my goal weight. The goal is to get to at least 170 by July. I would love to see 150 but I must say that even in highschool I never really saw 150 easily. In either case, that is a lot of weight from where I am now.

Please encourage me my friends. I am gonna need it!! Tonite I was actually pleasently suprised, stunned even when I saw my weight appear on our scale. I have been trying to get to the track every morning to do 3 miles. And I have been really watching my carb intake. Last week was really hard with my cycle hitting me as I started to do this. But I did for 5 days in a row. And then we had the birthday party. And I ended up eating the leftovers for the next 2 days. All in all though, I was actually down 10 lbs from the last time I weighed myself. All the way down to 217. I have been maintaining 227 since Daniel was 4 months old. So it was a real happy moment for me.

Once I have built myself up to it. My eventual plan is to actually start running again. I honestly don't know why I ever quit. (oh yea, it was that pregnancy belly with Katie and then the 12 hour shifts the military put me on!) Plus I wanna add in the navy seals workout I used to do. If I can get my runs in on the track with baby in the stroller and my exercise video while he is taking his nap...

But I am getting ahead of myself. Baby steps I know! So for now it is 3 miles of walking and diet. I might just dust that video off now too. No reason I can't do the beginners workouts.

Tomarrow I start. And I apologize in advance for the boring lists of meals that I am going to be posting. But I think it will keep me honest on the diet. If I have to list everything I ate, do I really wanna feel guilty for those 2 hershey kisses I ate? or that glass of soda? Or the 3 mocha breves I had last week? lol

And all of you reading my blog, please feel free to make suggestions with recipies and foods to try. Or to comment on me not posting or keeping track of the diet and exercise like I am vowing to do. I know I am going to have a rough time getting started. I have never been much of a Diary type person and blogging seems too much like a diary for me. I guess that is why I have been so bad about keeping up with it like I should.

No comments: