Thursday, July 27, 2006

Really bad

I have been awful about keeping up with this whole blog thing. lol. I was always bad about keeping a journal when I was in school too. I promised though, to keep up with it for a friend, so she could be a part of my pregnancy. I need to just take time first thing every morning , just like checking email every day. lol

Since last month...

Tons has happened. We had an ultrasound done on July 7 and we discovered that I got pregnant on the exact day that I thought I did... only 2 days after my IUD was removed. hehe!! I will try to get the pics up soon. Of course they couldn't tell me what I am having since I was only 11 weeks pregnant. They did tell me that my due date is Jan. 28th. 3 days before my dh's birthday. The technician that did tease that the baby was doing the "boy" thing with its hands down in its croch. lol. We took our girls with us to the ultrasound and they were so tickled about getting to watch as the baby seemed to be waving to them. Afterwards, we all went out to eat at the Olive Garden for lunch.

The next day my mother in law, sister in law and nephew all flew into LAX from Milwaukee. The flight was supposed to arrive at 9 am but was delayed repeatedly and didn't even leave Milwaukee until noon. Of course my dh had already left for the airport when we discovered this info and so he ended up spending the afternoon at a shopping center near LAX with our 9 year old, while I was home CLEANING!! UGH! What do you do!!

Any visit from my MIL is action packed (and contains lots of food). I think we only spent 1 day where we weren't in the car for less than 4 hours. We went to Pismo Beach and saw Pirates of the Caribean, then went to the beach and took some ever so sweet photos of my dds and sil's son. The next day we went to Ojai (about 100 miles south of us) for me to see a VA designated doc for my back. On the way home we stopped in Santa Barbara and tried to find a scrapbook store that I know is there. No such luck, though. We stopped for dinner at a great mexican resturant in Lompoc. The following morning, we took the car to town and had new tires installed on it, then went home, packed everyone into the car and van and drove to the Monterey Peninsula. We drive the 101 which is an inland highway, and it was blazing hot!! This would have been fine but I was in a vehicle without a/c. In Monterey we met up with one of my online friends and went out to eat at Bubba Gumps. YUMMY!! This pregnant lady had been craving some steak and shrimp and that meal was just the ticket!!

Unfortunately my friend wasn't able to join us as we went to the aquarium the next morning. We wanted to go early because we had our dog in the hotel room and she had an appointment coming in to sign paperwork for her business. She and I did get conversation started about going to a convention in the Bay area in August though!! I am still hashing out the possibility of going with dh. This year is much easier for me to go than next year when the baby will be 6 months old.

The aquarium was absolutely fascinating!! I am looking forward to going again when we have more time to enjoy it. I felt rather rushed as we had to get back to the dog before checkout time. Once we picked the dog up, we went back to walk down fishermans wharf. There were several sealions to be seen at a distance, and one sitting just below the wharf that scared the daylights out of us as we were standing almost directly over top of him when he started to call his friends. lol We left from there to drive highway 1 back to San Luis Obispo and home. I have heard wonderful things about highway 1. How it is a beautiful scenic drive, yadda, yadda, yadda. No one bothers to tell about how you are practically driving on the edge of a cliff face and full of hair pin turns!! I don't know if I could have stood someone else driving the vehicle I was in. I did between 20 and 30 for most of the drive. It took us 8 hours to get home. Granted we stopped several times to take photos and things like that, but my sister in law and I would cheer when we had managed to go 10 miles in 30 some minutes. lol Near the end of our drive we passed Hearst Castle and San Simeon. There we were lucky enough to catch sight of the Elephant Seals that will beach there to bread and molt at different times of the year. They weren't very active, but it was fascinating seeing them so close that we could have tossed something down onto them.

Then next morning we packed my mother in law, sister in law and nephew up into the van and dh drove them back to LAX to fly home. I was exhausted!! I was glad to stay home and nap on the couch all afternoon. lol

I will tell you all about last week later. We went to San Diego and the internation Comic Con!!

No comments: