Tuesday, June 6, 2006

Starting a blog

As I said before my friend started her blog the other day and sent me a link to it so I could check it out. It dawned on me as I looked at hers that this is a great way to share the experience of my pregnancy with another friend of mine. So here is where it begins I guess.

Tomarrow is my first appointment with the doctor for this pregnancy. Sure I am only somewhere between 4 and 6 weeks along. The nurse even commented on the fact that it is unusual to seek out prenatal care that early in pregnancy, but I fight with migraines and I really don't want to gain weight in this pregnancy. I know, no woman EVER wants to gain weight when they get pregnant, but my situation is a bit beyond average. I started my first pregnancy at 150 approximately. Then I lost around 30-35 pounds thanks to a doctor who couldn't give me a straight answer as to whether I was pregnant or not! lol He tested me for everything but pregnancy over the course of the next 10 weeks. By the time he gave up I was very sick looking. His boss took one look at my chart and told me exactly what was wrong with me without ordering a test! He found an extra heartbeat instead! lol. Never expect much from a physicians assistant! I ended the pregnancy at almost 200, though because I gained all the weight I had lost back plus all the weight you should gain in a pregnancy! Lucky me!
Pregnancy with my second child was much easier. But I started it at 180 and finished at nearly 230. What can I say I was sitting 6-7 hours every day for college lectures and the only exercise I got was the walk to and from my car. It was actually a good long walk every day, almost a mile and a half, but I was not walking fast enough to get my heart rate up. No weight lost after delivery either! Great!
Now I start #3 and am at 220. I really don't need to go up to 250 or more with this one. Plus gestational diabeties are a concern this time around. I am hoping that Curves will help. I am doing my workouts 3-4 days a week, but I am hoping that the doctor can suggest some dietary help for me to prevent much weight gain or even some possible healthy ways to lose weight while I am pregnant. Fingers are crossed.
I am also hoping that he will have some migraine medication that I can take while I am pregnant. This is going to be a long 9 months if I can't take any medication for my head. I am excited, though, as I understand that the doctor likes to do an ultrasound at the first appointment. I get to take my first glimpse at this new addition to our family. I am so excited about that part!

No comments: